New Build Mode in FS22
Farming Simulator 22 introduces a new and updated build mode that combines landscaping and building layout. You may have seen a glimpse of it if you watched this year's FarmCon.
If you have missed watching the presentation, you can watch it below! Jos Kuijpers, a gameplay programmer, describes what's fresh to construct in the game. The features are then tested in a short gameplay session by QA Lead Ken Burgess and Gameplay Developer Stefan Maurus.
Which enhancements can you expect?
For two reasons, we tried to redesign Farming Simulator 19's construction system: First and foremost, we needed to increase efficiency. We've had a lot of criticism in the past, and we're working to make the build mode more user-friendly and efficient.
On the other hand, additional features such as production chains demand the use of an expanded build mode. We overhauled the entire thing by substantially increasing the number of placeable items and drastically increasing the number of controls.
What are the new features in the build mode?
You must be already aware of our new crops in Farming Simulator 22. Building vines are essential to cultivating grapes and olives. So, if you seek to build a vineyard, you must first enter build mode and strew vines across your fields.
You could also build the fences yourself if you're more of an animal farmer (in addition to the many new pens we got). You can set down a post and draw the fence to make it, exactly like you did with the vines. There are ten diverse kinds of fences to choose from, as well as gates.
What sorts of interesting placeables are available?
• Sheds, silos, silo additions, containers, and tools are all classified as buildings. Here you'll see structures like Rudolf Hörmann's new sheds, each with its functionality and features like vehicle repair points and solar panels.
• Manufacturing covers all of the structures required to begin your production chains or earn money in other ways. Factory, sale points, greenhouses, orchards, and generators are all present.
• Animals contains all of your animals' pens, which come in a variety of shapes, sizes, and features.
• Fencing, (street) lighting and other decorations are included in the decoration. You can add a lot of detail to your farm with this group of products.
• Landscaping tools include sculpting, painting, trees, and plants, among other things. You'll find everything you need to personalize your farming right here.